Daily workplace commute has become the world's most serious challenge for workers. There is no denying that technology and transportation systems are constantly developing. People are still having problems getting to and from work on a regular basis. You can ensure that your employees arrive at work safely and that their morale is high enough for them to put their best foot forward in office.
Employee transportation services are frequently included in employee benefits packages and are viewed as valuable incentives. More and more companies are preparing to provide transportation for their employees. Many people, however, are concerned about delegating and managing routes, ensuring employee safety, preparing rosters and keeping overall costs under control. Quite similar was the case with our client who had faced challenges in managing their employee transportation smoothly, so we came in and assisted them to deal with their biggest issues in the most effective way with our industry-leading solution, Asti Fleet Management (AFM) Solution.
Our client is one of India’s most renowned ITES companies with 6500+ transport users and the transport management team was facing numerous issues in their day-to-day operations related to employee transportation.
- Employee mobility faces a number of issues, many of which, unfortunately, drive up your expenditures and squander your resources. If your drivers drive about excessively, you will waste more gasoline. The same can be caused by traffic and obstacles, forcing automobiles to take a longer detour. Another reason for resources being wasted is poor management and vehicle management costs. High costs, in the end, have an influence on your bottom line and lower your profitability. Our client faced similar issues with costs increasing day by day.
- Oftentimes, your employees are not satisfied with the transportation management as there are delays in transportation or unavailability of vehicles, this makes it hard for the employees to commute effectively.
- When handling the overall requests and issues, the desk personnel at our client’s offices were overwhelmed with the huge number of coordination tasks, attending to queries, solving employee issues, etc.
- Maintaining the timeliness of your fleet is a difficult task. Maintaining pickup or drop-off timings is also a difficult chore. A single automobile running late might have a cascading effect on your entire transportation system and the same happened with our client where they had very low to zero visibility on their fleet usage.
- It's a difficult undertaking to figure out the optimal path for your fleet. You must evaluate a number of aspects, including pickup times and locations, driver availability, vehicle selection for certain routes, and route assignment to drivers. As a result, manually planning their routes increased the complexity of the process for our client and had an impact on the process optimization.
Unexpected cost overruns with high fuel expenses and vehicle maintenance costs
Overload of transport desk personnel
Poor visibility on the usage of fleet
Difficult to plan optimized routes & tedious roster preparation based on vehicle availability and employee transport needs for different routes
Ensuring safe, hassle-free commute for employees
To address all of the aforementioned issues, Asti offers a progressive fleet management solution that is the ideal transport management and tracking solution for corporations and transportation providers. We've integrated GPS technology into Asti Fleet Management (AFM), our fleet monitoring tool so that admins can monitor & manage fleets in real time. Employees and drivers find it extremely useful and completely hassle-free because they can access all information and updates from their smartphones.
With Asti’s Fleet Management (AFM) Solution, which is an advanced Employee Transportation Solution, our client experienced a major change in their transportation activities and got a lot of advantages over their initial processes.
- Reduced transport cost per employee per trip from Rs.135 to Rs.112 (12%)
- Increased occupancy from 67% to 79%
- Driver No Shows were reduced
- Reduced help desk tickets from 800 calls to 100 calls per day
- Reduce the cost & time effort for billing & MIS from 15-20 days to a few minutes
- Visibility to Line Manager on the cost of transportation for their cost center and Employee Usage trends.
- Reduced daily average commute time per employee by 8 minutes
As we return to the workplace, more companies are looking to implement an employee transportation management system. Businesses with a huge workforce must go digital in order to provide their employees with a positive commute experience. As a result, this technology may help your company stand out and carve out a place in the market as a firm that takes care of employee safety and seamless daily commute. Even a transportation management firm may use this necessity to stay competitive.
Adopting our automated platform, AFM, to handle your employee mobility operations is, in a nutshell, the need of the hour. Asti Infotech’s Fleet Management Solution is one of the best Corporate Transport Management & Tracking solutions that benefits both companies and their transportation providers. AFM is well-known in India as one of the best fleet tracking systems for increasing operational efficiency and lowering costs. It provides employees with a secure and comfortable commute around the clock. So, with that, you can also make your transportation system empowered.